Friday, May 8, 2009

Knuckleballers Cont.

So, I forgot one of my main reasons for writing the previous post about knuckleballers. I wanted to relate it to Twins pitcher R.A. Dickey.

Going off of all those wonderful reasons why the knuckleball is death disguised as a 5-5.25 ounce/9-9.25 inch circumference leather bound sphere... if MLB REALLY wanted to be fair, they would 1) put a speed limit on how fast the pitch can be thrown and 2) implement a rule where pitchers whose fastball tops 79 mph CANNOT throw a knuckleball.

And this my friends is how this post relates to R.A. Dickey. Dickey's fastball is in the mid to high 80's, he has a nasty curve, AND he throws a knuckleball damn near 80 mph!!! Is this even possible? According to R.A. Dickey it is.

I guess I'm just in awe with the pitch and any hitter that succeeds against it.

Done.

- Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment